01 Tools and Data files
- What tools are presented in this training?
- get an overview of tools LotuS pipeline and R package vegan
time Time estimation: 15 minutes
LotuS offers a lightweight complete 16S/18S/ITS pipeline to
- Demultiplex and filter fasta or fastq sequences
- Denoise, remove chimeric sequences and cluster sequences into very high quality OTUs that perform at a similar level to mothur / dada2
- Determine taxonomic origin of each OTU using >5 spezialized and general purpose database or statistical algorithms
- Construct OTU, genus, family, class, order and phylum abundance tables in .txt or .biom format
- Reconstruct OTU phylogenetic tree
More information at LotuS home page
Download usearch version 8 and copy the executable in a folder e.g. /usr.bin/tools/ which you can reach (you might to be superuser for this)
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/tools/usearch8.1.1861_i86linux32
Create a symbolic link into the folder where Lotus will search for it:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/tools/usearch8.1.1861_i86linux32 /usr/bin/tools/lotus_pipeline/bin/usearch_bin
You also need R with the vegan package installed.
keypoints Key points
- We presented the tools for the training and the data files
Further information, including links to documentation and original publications, regarding the tools, analysis techniques and the interpretation of results described in this tutorial can be found here.